The Policy Center
Our Policy Center undertakes research and conducts training on various issue areas including tax policy, government expenditure management, fiscal decentralization, public sector accountability, auditing and reporting.
Collaborative research on “Sustainable Tax Governance in Developing countries Through Global Tax Transparency” (funded by the Norwegian Research Council);
Partnering with the Institute for Austrian and International Tax Law of the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration to undertake joint research on the EAC Common Protocol, Tax Harmonization in EAC member states and comparative analysis of mineral taxation laws in Africa.
The policy center is at the fore front of research on Public Financial Management (PFM) issues in Africa.
Our PFM focus covers three thematic areas;
(i) Public Revenue
(ii) Public Expenditure
(iii) Public sector accountability
Specially, we engage in:
- Capacity building through training of public officials and civil society on PFM processes;
- Working with governments to develop tax and customs reforms;
- Provision of technical support in tax policy formulation and implementation;
- PFM legislative drafting;
- Drafting guidelines on application of tax laws and tax audit procedures for revenues collection agencies;
- Developing legal frameworks for revenue collection and management; and
- Public Expenditure Management & Accountability.